Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Free Coffee. On Me.

Someone was treated to a free coffee today. I don't know who they were or what they ordered, all I know is that it was on me.

I wanted to do something nice for someone and randomly whilst at the shops today went to buy myself a chai latte. I've heard about the people buying coffees for others before, a pay it forward type movement, but have never done it myself. Today I did.

I bought my chai latte and whilst it was being made tried to build up my nerve to do it. The cafe was empty at the time which helped me as I knew I could gift the coffee anonymously.

I looked at the menu and noticed regular/medium sized coffees were $4 and checked my purse and I had $4. So as the young guy called my name and handed me my chai latte I handed him the $4 and told him I wanted to buy the next persons coffee. He looked shocked and said "Are you sure?" I told him I was and handed him the $4 explaining that I noticed medium coffees were $4 and most people would probably order that size and asked him to gift the next person who did with the free coffee. My only condition was that he tell them a stranger had paid for their coffee today as an act of kindness to make their day.

Well you should have seen this young guys face! It completely lit up and his smile was so genuinely happy and I bet couldn't wait to do it. That there was worth it for me. He told me I was so kind and I told him I like to do this sort of thing occasionally to show others there is kindness in this world.

It was only small act I know but can you imagine how much it would have made that next persons day? I also hope the young guy today shares what happened and maybe even some day feels inspired to do the same.

Try it some time. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment